BPM technology has enabled businesses of all sizes to improve their overall efficiency to a great extent, as well as to easily adapt to any changes and trends in the business environment. Decreasing the probability of miscommunication and manual errors, BPM tools have quickly become an irreplaceable part of every success-driven company.
With its advanced systems, BPM software solutions are beneficial for creating, managing and executing complex business processes which have a tendency of being quite time consuming if handled manually by your employees.
However, implementing the appropriate solution to your business operations requires having a wide knowledge of its capabilities, different types, and basic requirements, in order to make the best purchasing decision. Therefore, in this article, you will find everything you need to know about BPM tools to achieve all of your business goals effectively.
According to the types of processes they are dealing with, there are 3 main types of BPM software solutions:
- Human centric – The main goal of these solutions is putting an emphasis on the human element of the business processes, since, in many of them, there are numerous activities only people can perform. Human centric BPM tools concentrate on 2 different types of these processes – people intensive and decision intensive.
People intensive ones usually consist of human interactions involved in approving, routing, and fulfilling different requests, while the decision intensive ones involve real time analysis, information gathering, and the application of business rules.
- Integration centric – This type of BPM solutions focuses on processes which include interactions between various applications, in which human participants are rarely involved.
- Document centric – They are designed to make the use of electronic documents and images to improve the decision making process when it comes to some core activities.
Different solutions offer various different features. However, there are some basic things you need to take into consideration before you make a choice:
- Business goals – If you are running a small business, chances are your objectives will greatly differ from those of large enterprises, and vice versa. That is why the first thing to do is closely monitor everything that goes around in your company and then come up with the list of what needs to be improved. That way, you will be able to choose a BPM tool in accordance with your business goals.
- Budget and ROI – Investing in any kind of software might come with some hidden costs related to training or on-boarding. So, the most important thing to do is to get well-informed about how much everything will cost and then determine what you can afford.
In addition, you need to opt for a tool that will really pay off in terms of ROI – so make sure to gather the necessary info about other clients’ experiences.
- Ease of use – Another crucial feature of a good BPM tool is that it is user friendly. You should ask your vendor how much training your newly implemented system will require. In some cases, employees are simply not willing to use new software if it is too complex, so make sure that you opt for something that everyone in your company will gladly embrace.
Ways BPM solutions can improve your business
There is a vastness of benefits BPM technology offers to your business, and we will mention some of the most essential ones:
- Improved efficiency – Automating your business processes by using the appropriate software tool helps you monitor everything in a better way, decrease lead time, and reduce errors and bottlenecks.
- Enhanced agility – Due to the constant changes and new trends in the business environment, it is absolutely crucial to adapt to everything in a timely manner. Using the proper tool will provide you with a clear insight into each step of your business processes.
- Transparency – Using a BPM solution will enable you to monitor everything that happens in your company more efficiently, with a goal to get a full understanding of what needs to be changed or improved along the way.
To sum up, although choosing and implementing BPM technology into your business operations might seem a bit complex, if you are well informed about what to look for in your software solution, the entire process will become a whole lot easier.